• THE EIMCO-K.C.P. LTD Lamella Clarifiers is a type of settler designed to
remove particles from liquids.
• Lamella Clarifier of size ranging from 5 m to 20 m diameters.
• Lamella Clarifier is used in unlike clarifiers they use a series of inclined
plates, these inclined plates provide a large effective settling area for a small
• Lamella clarifiers can be used in a range of industries including Industrial
water treatment, mining, desalination plant and metal finishing, as well as used
to treat groundwater, industrial process water and backwash from sand filters.
Lamella clarifiers are ideal for applications where the solids loading are
variable and solids sizing are fine and are more common than conventional
• The main advantage of lamella clarifiers over other clarifying systems is the
large effective settling area caused by the use of inclined plates, which
improves the operating conditions of the clarifiers in a number of ways. The
unit is more compact usually requiring only 65-80 % of the area of clarifiers
operating without inclined plates. Therefore, where site footprint constraints
are of concern a lamella clarifier system is preferred.
• Lamella clarifier performance can be improved by the addition of flocculants
and coagulants. These chemicals optimise the settling process and cause a
higher purity of overflow water by ensuring all smaller solids are settled into
the sludge underflow